Friday, 15 February 2013

It's been a while

It's been a while since I updated this blog, so it's probably a good time to do that now.

The single fairlie power bogie has got its connecting rods on, plus valve guides, combination levers and union links. More recently, I have mounted the lubricator and fixed up a drive system for it, and also made the left hand side radius rod, which is now fitted. So that leaves the right hand radius rod, return cranks and eccentric rods and the valve gear is complete. However, she probably will take a back seat for the next few months, as work on other people's locos proceeds.

The tinkerbell rolling chassis I'm building - well, the two wheelsets are now made up and ready to go. The castings have arrived, and I've started to machine the cylinder blocks.

Later this month, two diesels are coming in for re-engining to petrol - apparently the driver has no fillings left so wants the change!!!